Did you know that many utility companies are not obligated to place their customers on the lowest possible rate schedules? That it is the consumer's responsibility to be aware of all the various rate classifications, special riders, demand, energy, and fuel adjustment charges, meter multipliers, and municipal, state, and federal surcharges? That there can be hidden charges on every bill that most consumers aren't even aware of?
National Equity's Utility Services Division is set up to identify and correct overbilling, AND to secure refunds of overpayment for our clients. In business since 1985, National Equity has recovered millions of dollars for thousands of clients across the United States. We work strictly on a contingency basis; we only get paid if we get you a refund. We charge a percentage of whatever refund we can recover and your future savings are all yours. Our analysis of your bills is free and does not obligate you in any way.
Overview of Utility ProcessWhat you do:
- E-mail, mail or fax a recent copy of your utility bills (one bill from each account).
- Include a contact name and number or E-mail address.
- Also include a brief description of the type of property.
- Identify utility bill overcharges.
- Secure refunds on past overcharges.
- Correct billing errors, resulting in future savings for you.
- No refund, no charge.
- We have been securing utility refunds for over twenty five years.
- We have the knowledge, resources, and expertise to discover errors and recover funds quickly and efficiently.
If you have any questions about our settlement services, or if you would like to discuss your particular situation, please do not hesitate to call toll-free 1-800-729-5998 or contact Andrew Fronckowiak, Senior Analyst.
Utility Overpayment FAQ
What is the source of these overcharges?
There are many different factors in your bills, some hidden and some not, which can lead to billing errors and overcharges. Rates, tariffs, demand charges, revenue taxes, surcharges, fuel adjustments, reactive charges, and miscellaneous credits can all be miscalculated and misapplied. National Equity has the knowledge, expertise and resources to analyze your bills quickly and efficiently. We know who to call and how to achieve results.
Are the utility companies purposely overcharging?
NO. Virtually every case of overcharging is the result of human or computer error. When you consider the complexity of the bills, and the thousands or millions of accounts that a given utility company has to process each month, it is not surprising that mistakes are made.
How can you afford to do your analysis for free?
We do not audit accounts at random. We only target specific utilities, types of properties and locations that our research and experience indicate have a high probability of being incorrectly billed.
This sounds too good to be true. What’s the catch?
This seems to be one of the biggest problems that we have -- assuring people that there is no catch! You send us your bills, we do our initial analysis, and if your bills check out okay, we send you a note saying, "Your bills are okay." That's the end of it. If we find an error, we contact you, and after receiving your written authorization, we begin the bill adjustment and refund claim process. Only after the refund has been received do we get paid.
We have been contacted by other companies. Why should we choose National Equity?
- EXPERIENCE! National Equity has been in business since 1985 and has recovered MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in refunds for thousands of clients.
- Many of our competitors demand a portion of your future savings. Our fee is based on past overcharges and future savings are all yours!
- Many auditing companies do not correct your accounts, but continue to file claims year after year - costing you money! National Equity will get you a refund AND correct your bills.
From some of our clients...
- “Please be advised that we were very pleased with the quick service and excellent results received. Thank you for your help and be advised that we are happy to recommend your service to other potential customers.” Manistique Manufacturing & Technology, Inc. Manistique, MI
- “I appreciate the job you did in obtaining a refund for overcharges to the properties that I manage. I am glad that someone is watching over the shoulder of the utility companies.” Attica Development Co., Inc. Homer, NY
- “I feel that the simplicity of your operation is its biggest asset: (1) I contacted you for help; (2) you acted on my request; (3) you sent me a check. It doesn't get any better than that.” Barwood Associates Schenectady, NY
- “Thank you for your efforts in obtaining a refund of excess payments made to our utility company for natural gas service. Without your company's expertise and efforts, we would have continued to be exploited by our utility company. Again, your work on our behalf is appreciated.” New York State Public High School Athletic Assoc. Delmar, NY
- “The service you provide to non-profits is an essential one. The refund you obtained for us came at a critical time and could not be more appreciated.” Citizens Committee for New York City New York, NY